A “small community incentive grant” is a first-time camper grant available to
families living in small Jewish communities (approximately 7,500-8,000 Jews) who
do not have a local One Happy Camper (or equivalent) partner. Grants are $1,500 for 19+ days of camp and $1,000 for 12-18 days.
Please note that CYJ Midwest also offers our own scholarship. If you would like to apply, first apply for a grant through One Happy Camper and then visit: https://www.cyjmid.org/get-to-know-cyjm/tuition-assistance/
If one of your children has received a One Happy Camper grant in the past, that camper is not eligible for any funding.
• Campers must be living in a Jewish community of fewer than approximately 7,500-8,000 Jews, attend public schools, and registered for camp for a minimum of 12 days.
– Families with multiple children can receive funds for each child.
– Jewish community size is based on lists from JFNA.
– Children of camp staff are eligible.
• Families will apply through One Happy Camper, and the system will determine eligibility
• If a family lives in a community with a One Happy Camper partner (or equivalent, such as Goldring or Grinspoon grants), they are not eligible.
• The SCI can NOT be combined with other first-time camper grants.
You can click here to see our Dates & Rates for summer 2023 Sessions.
If your camper was registered in 2022 but was unable to attend in person camp they are considered a new camper and are eligible for the SCI program for summer 2023.
YES! If you refer a new camper to CYJ, you are still eligible for $150 off tuition. Please click here to see eligibility for the Refer a Friend program.