Donating Appreciated Securities
How It Works
You can make a gift of appreciated securities—publicly traded stocks, ETFs, bonds and mutual fund shares to CYJ. You benefit by avoiding capital gains tax and still get a full tax deduction for your donation. It’s a simple and efficient way to give.
- You transfer appreciated securities to CYJ.
- CYJ sells the securities and uses the proceeds for camp
How You Benefit
- You receive credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of your securities.
- You avoid capital gains tax.
- Please contact your brokerage firm to determine the correct form they need to transfer securities.
- Please complete the form with CYJ as the donor:
Camp Young Judaea Midwest, Inc
Vanguard Group Account #57719231
You receive credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of your securities.
- Please contact Kevin Friduss (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let him know of the pending donation. Please note that the securities you use to make your gift must have been held by you for more than one year to be fully deductible.
Further please note that CYJ does not provide financial or tax advice and you should consult with your attorney or accountant for your specific tax situation.
Camp Young Judaea Midwest in Wisconsin is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your gift is tax deductible to the full extent provided by law.
For more information, contact:
Kevin Friduss, Marketing & Communications Manager, email@example.com