Giving Tuesday will take place on November 29, 2022. It is a day of global unity and generosity intended to unleash the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world. We’ve created this site to help you in your fundraising efforts for this year’s #GivingCYJDay. Thank you so much for being a fundraiser for CYJ Midwest! If you have any questions about this page, please contact Marketing & Communications Manager, Kevin Friduss by clicking here.
What you can do TODAY:
Start your own Fundraiser on Facebook!
- Click “Fundraisers” in the left menu of your news feed (it may be within the menu option)
- You should see Camp Young Judaea Midwest. If you don’t, go ahead and search for us!
- Choose a goal – any amount is AWESOME!
- Choose an end date – a couple days after #GivingCYJDay is a good call (Nov 29)
- Add your personal title and story of why CYJ is important to you (it can be as long or as short as you want!)
- Choose a cover photo
- Click “Create”
Need some inspiration for your campaign? – Check out Kevin Friduss’ Facebook Page – for an example.
Don’t have Facebook? We are happy to set up a personalized page directly on our website JUST FOR YOU! You will have a personalized link directly to your goal page. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
In the week before #GivingCYJDay: e-mail, call, text, invite through Facebook, message (whatever works best for you!) and ask your Facebook friends and family to donate to CYJ Midwest on #GivingCYJDay – make sure to share the link to your personal campaign page with them. (See below for an email template and Social Media post to help make it easy!)
On November 29, #GivingCYJDay, remind your friends and family to donate, share your campaign far and wide on social media, share that you donated, remind your friends to donate, and THANK your friends who do donate!
Find yourself close to hitting your goal before November 29? The day before #GivingCYJDay, go ahead and double the amount you are currently at as your new goal! Let’s go!
Here are some tools to make sharing easy:
Lead up Email Template:
Hello INSERT NAME OF YOUR FRIEND HERE,
- I’m fundraising for Camp Young Judaea Midwest this #GivingCYJDay, November 29. Help me by donating here:
- You’ve probably heard me talk about why Camp Young Judaea Midwest is important to me before, but in case you forgot INSERT WHY CYJ MIDWEST HAS MADE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON YOUR LIFE HERE.
- Will you join me on #GivingCYJDay by supporting this organization that has changed my life? To sweeten the deal, Facebook is matching the first 7 million given starting at 5am on 11/29 – so your donation could be worth twice as much! Check out my personal fundraising page and donate at INSERT LINK TO YOUR PAGE HERE. Any amount makes a difference in a child’s life.
Thanks a million in advance!
November 29th Email Template:
Hi INSERT NAME OF YOUR FRIEND HERE,
Remember when I told you about #GivingCYJDay? It’s today! I’m helping Camp Young Judaea Midwest raise money for it’s scholarship fund, programming initiatives and more. I have a personal goal of ENTER YOUR PERSONAL GOAL HERE. Any amount you can donate will help a kid get to summer camp! Please help support this organization which has made an impact in both my life and so many others. Donate here: ENTER LINK TO YOUR PAGE HERE.
Thanks so much for celebrating giving with me!
Sample Social Media Posts:
- Before November 29:
- Save the date: #GivingCYJDay is November 29. Join me by supporting the summer camp I love: CYJ Midwest! ENTER LINK TO YOUR PAGE HERE
- I’m hoping to raise ENTER YOUR PERSONAL GOAL HERE for my favorite summer camp – CYJ Midwest – on #GivingCYJDay! Check out my fundraising page: ENTER LINK TO YOUR PAGE HERE
- Do you wake up early? Facebook is matching the first 7 million in donations given on #GivingTuesday, check out my fundraiser for the day: ENTER LINK TO YOUR PAGE HERE
- On November 29:
- Today is #GivingCYJDay! Join me in supporting my favorite summer camp: CYJ Midwest! ENTER LINK TO YOUR PAGE HERE. I’m hoping to raise ENTER YOUR PERSONAL GOAL HERE!
- I just donated to CYJ Midwest’s #GivingCYJDay challenge! Have you yet? YOUR LINK